Calling all Orange Grove families!
A lot of Orange Grove’s success is directly related to the invaluable work of our PTSA and its volunteers. There are many opportunities available to suit different schedules and interests. Some volunteer positions need on-site participation, while others can be done at home / off campus. If you’re willing to volunteer time next school year, please email your interest to [email protected] and someone will contact you with volunteer opportunities. THANK YOU!
You can volunteer to do any or all of the following:
General Volunteer Email List – If you are interested, but not sure where you can help, check here and we will put you on our Volunteer Email Distribution List and contact you when we are looking for volunteers. This option gives you the choice to volunteer throughout the year as your schedule allows.
Membership – Solicit new PTSA members and collect dues.
Spirit Store/OG Merchandise - Manage the school store, including developing new products, inventory, publicity, spirit days, and distribution.
Family & Business Partnerships – Help with Business/Family Sponsorships, donations, and fundraisers.
Communications/Media – Assist with school communications and PTSA media outlets.
Hospitality & Staff Appreciation - Show our teachers how much they mean to us by helping host PTSA teacher events throughout the year, including staff meals during conference nights and staff appreciation events.
School Grants – Work with the Board to award Teacher Grants as well as with source possible grant opportunities for Orange Grove.
Events – Plenty of opportunities to raise money and plan fun events for both kids and parents, including:
- Scream the Theme / Fall Festival – Scream the Theme is a celebration of a successful first quarter and also a Halloween celebration. It also serves as one of the fundraisers we hold during the year.
- Winter Wahoo Chair – Winter Wahoo is a celebration of a successful first semester. It also serves as one of the major fundraisers we hold during the year.
- Night of Stars Show & Auction– Help solicit donations and coordinate and organize OG’s Night of Stars auction, at the spring talent show which showcases our students’ and teachers’ performances.
- Lion Bash Chair - Lion Bash is our version of end-of-year field day designed to celebrate a successful year. It also serves as one of the major fundraisers we hold during the year.
- 8th Grade Banquet – A great committee for parents of 8th graders, this committee helps plan the 8th Grade events and Banquet at the end of the year.
Theater Enhancements –Sign up if you are interested in helping develop plans, fundraise, and roll out an upgrade of our Orange Grove theater that is used by ALL students!! Knowledge of sound and lighting is a plus, but not required.
Reflections & Cultural Arts – Want to help the arts grow? Volunteers are needed to help with the Reflections contest, a nationwide PTSA student program highlighting all areas of the arts.
Thank you for your commitment to making Orange Grove's 2021-22 School Year AMAZING!
Email [email protected] to get involved!
NOTE: All volunteers must first submit a HCPS Volunteer Application annually. Follow this link: