Calling all Orange Grove families!
As you know, we depend on the funds raised from your membership for our programming. But your membership doesn't mean you have to volunteer....membership just means you are committed to making Orange Grove's PTSA successful. HOWEVER, 100% of Orange Grove PTSA’s success is directly related to the invaluable work of our volunteers. There are many volunteer opportunities available to suit different schedules and interests. Some volunteer positions need on-site participation, while others can be done at home/off campus, and some simply encourage donations. We are thankful in advance for any time and/or monetary contributions you are able to give to help make this year fantastic for our students. Visit this page to customize your volunteer experience: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0444A9AF2CAB9-howdoyou or you can email [email protected] to get connected with ways to volunteer.
You can volunteer to do any or all of the following:
General Volunteer Email List – If you are interested, but not sure where you can help, check here and we will put you on our Volunteer Email Distribution List and contact you when we are looking for volunteers. This option gives you the choice to volunteer throughout the year as your schedule allows.
Membership – Solicit new PTSA members and collect dues (beginning of school year)
Spirit Store/OG Merchandise - Manage the school store, including developing new products, inventory, publicity, spirit days, and distribution (mostly at the beginning of the school year)
Community & Business Partnerships – Help with Business/Family Sponsorships, donations, and fundraisers. Establish partnerships with neighbors and businesses to make a positive contribution to the community (ongoing)
Communications/Media – Assist with school communications and PTSA media outlets (ongoing)
Staff Appreciation - Show our teachers how much they mean to us by helping host PTSA teacher events throughout the year, including staff meals during conference nights and staff appreciation events (ongoing, especially Teacher Appreciation Week in May)
School Grants – Work with the Board to award Teacher Grants as well as with source possible grant opportunities for Orange Grove (ongoing)
Events – Plenty of opportunities to raise money and plan fun events for both kids and parents, including:
- Scream the Theme / Fall Festival – Scream the Theme is a celebration of a successful first quarter and also a Halloween celebration. It also serves as one of the fundraisers we hold during the year (October)
- Winter Wahoo Chair – Winter Wahoo is a celebration of a successful first semester. It also serves as one of the major fundraisers we hold during the year (December)
- Night of Stars Show – Work with the administration to coordinate this spring talent show, which showcases our students’ and teachers’ performances. There is also the possibilty of adding a silent auction to this event to raise funds for PTSA (2nd semester)
- Lion Bash Chair - Lion Bash is our version of end-of-year field day designed to celebrate a successful year. It also serves as one of the major fundraisers we hold during the year (March)
- 8th Grade Banquet – A great committee for parents of 8th graders, this committee helps plan the 8th Grade events and Banquet at the end of the year (May)
Reflections – Volunteers are needed to help with the Reflections contest, a nationwide PTSA student program highlighting all areas of the arts (September – October)
Thank you for your commitment to making Orange Grove's 2022-23 School Year AMAZING!
Email [email protected] to get involved!
NOTE: All volunteers must first submit a HCPS Volunteer Application annually. Follow this link: